Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Whistler Fun


Life: We just got back late Sunday night from a fun week up at Whistler. It was so nice to spend a week just lounging and mountain biking. I was thrilled to be able to take my new bike out for a week of bonding. Nayan had a blast too - usually he misses home, and mentions it a few times when we're away. Not once did he mention home, and when it was time for us to leave, he started crying. I also spent some days with Nayan in the mini bike park near the skate park. He had a blast. There's a bunch of dirt mound rollers that he would ride up and over and occassionally fall, and cry. I'd suggest perhaps they were too big, and he'd say between sobs, "but they're too fun, I can't stop..." On one occassion, I turned around and he was staring down a 10 foot wall that drops into a half pipe. I pointed at him and ordered him to get down. Next thing I know, he took the only slightly less crazy route, and wound up flying through the air and landing on his face in a pile of boulders. I realized my perspective as a father is so different on bike crashes - more fear, less laughing. Turned out he bounced up like a rubber band and while wailing that he never wants to ride his bike again, was able to ride home fine with no scars lasting more than a couple hours.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Liked what you read? Tell your friends

More info about content in my post