Monday, March 24, 2008

A Delightful Delhi Day

We had a blast cruising around Delhi today. Since we're all jet lagged, we experienced the very unusual act of getting the Dhillon family out and about at a crisp 7:30 AM. This is the first time in my life I have actually enjoyed Delhi. Perhaps its the stunning Le Meridien hotel that is coloring my take, but I could swear this city is so much cleaner and greener than I remember it. We especially enjoyed Humayun's Tomb -- mostly, the first, more minor tomb pictured here. Something about the lines and rawness of its shape; I also love how nothing is cordoned off or protected by railings -- we happily climbed up and around and all over the structures.







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Liked what you read? Tell your friends

More info about content in my post