Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rockin the Tango at San Telmo

Our Sunday ritual here in Buenos Aires is to hit the San Telmo antique and craft market. Today, we spent a good time sitting on the curb listening to this rocking street orchestra called Orquesta Tipica Imperial. I never thought there could be anyone crazier then my dear friend Timothy of Bellingham who hauls his full size acoustic piano around in a mini van, that is, until I saw the piano player from Orquesta Tipical, lugging his massive instrument through the cobble stone alleyways of San Telmo. What a glorious treat.



It turns out someone made a documentary film on these guys. The trailer looks interesting, apparently they are often harassed by the police for playing on the street. If anyone finds out how to get a hold of the film, please let me know, I'd love to see it.

2 comments:

Dante's daddy said...

Deep, you should see 'El último Bandoneón', http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIgEb_nxPdk

Enjoy the urban rythm of BsAs, Bart

Deep said...

Thanks Bart, the film looks interesting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Liked what you read? Tell your friends

More info about content in my post