Friday, February 23, 2007

Nature's Prozac: A Day On the Arm at Mount Baker

What an epic day of snowboarding I had yesterday. It has been dumping up at Baker, and I decided to take a vacation day from work and head up. I spent the previous night up in Bellingham at Camp Cody soaking in the hot tub staring into the forested hillside. It was only 2 inches of fresh, so we weren't all that excited to jump out of bed at 6.30AM. It turned out to be a great decision; the snow was uncharacteristically light - normal in Colorado or Utah, but not here in the chunky Cascades. Anyway, we hiked out the arm, and got some epic turns on virtually uncut powder. Ahh, this was a reminder of why I used to spend so many days of my life at the mountain. Since my main exercise lately has been toddler lifting, my body is soar and heavy, but of course, in a good way.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Liked what you read? Tell your friends

More info about content in my post