Sunday, May 20, 2007

Beautiful Ballard Karma

It has been raining off and on all day. Ameen and Ananya are in England this week, so I have taken the week off to spend some time with Nayan. We decided to go see the new Shrek movie. We were standing in line in the cold and drizzle. There was a huge line up. A woman came out and said, "Are you here to see Spiderman?" I said "No, we're here to see Shrek. She said, "You know it's sold out, but today is your lucky day." She gave us two tickets. I reached for my wallet and tried to give her some money, but she insisted our movie was her treat. Apparently it was her son's birthday party and there were a couple of no shows. I absolutely love Ballard. The rest of the world may be getting darker and more gruff, but beautiful Ballard is still full of wonderful people like this woman who value simple goodness.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Liked what you read? Tell your friends

More info about content in my post